How To Deactivate A Venmo Account When Someone Dies (With or Without Password)
Do you need to deactivate your deceased loved one’s Venmo Account? Here’s everything you need to know!Venmo Deactivation Options: If the Venmo account owner dies, you have the option of:Deleting the account completely OR Extracting funds from the Venmo account, which allows you to withdraw or transfer the money to another account. Required Information
- User’s full name and email address
- Your full name
- Relationship to the deceased person.
- A photo of your ID or Driver’s License
- A copy of the death certificate
- A copy of the official documentation provided by the government, such as power of attorney, a letter from the estate, or other notarized form.
How to Delete A Venmo Account (WITHOUT PASSWORD):
- Have the following Required Information prepared
- Email Venmo at firstname.lastname@example.org – make sure to detail what you would like to accomplish (i.e deleting, extracting funds, etc.)
How to Delete A Venmo Account (WITH PASSWORD):
- Sign in to the Venmo account
- Select “Settings” at the top of the page
- Near the bottom of the page, select “Close My Venmo Account”
- Before you close your account, you’ll need to review your most recent statement. Once finished, select “Close Account” again